Tetris Project Self-Assessment Form

Name: ________________________________________________

Instructions: For each of the following multiple choice prompts circle the letter that best describes your work on the Tetris project, then respond to the free response prompt at the bottom of the page.

  1. Reading
    1. I read all or nearly all of the code that was provided and understood most of it well.
    2. I read significant portions of the code and more-or-less understood some of them.
    3. I tried to read and understood the code that was provided but found it too difficult to understand.
    4. I didn't try very hard to read and understand the code that was provided.
    5. I didn't try to read any of the code that was provided.
  2. Amount of Coding
    1. I did all of the coding.
    2. I did most of the coding.
    3. I did about the same amount of coding as the others on my team.
    4. I did some coding, but not as much as the others on my team.
    5. I did none of the coding.
  3. Difficulty of Coding
    1. The coding I did seemed quite challenging to me.
    2. In terms of difficulty, the coding I did seemed about average to me.
    3. The coding I did seemed very easy to me.
    4. (I didn't do any coding.)
  4. Amount of Testing
    1. I tested the changes our team made very thoroughly and systematically; I reported problems that I found.
    2. I tested the changes our team made very thoroughly and systematically; I didn't find any problems or didn't report problems that I found.
    3. I indirectly tested the changes our team made by playing various versions of the game that our team was developing, and I reported some problems that I found.
    4. I indirectly tested the changes our team made by playing various versions of the game that our team was developing, but I didn't report any problems.
    5. I didn't test any of the code changes our team made.
  5. Results of Testing
    1. I found and reported problems the game.
    2. I didn't find any problems with the game that needed to be fixed.
  6. Creativity
    1. I contributed original ideas to the development of our game, and some of my ideas were implemented.
    2. I did not contribute any original ideas that were actually implemented, because my ideas were contributed too late.
    3. I did not contribute any original ideas that were actually implemented, because my ideas were deemed to be too difficult to implement.
    4. I contributed original ideas, but they were not implemented for some reason other than being too late or too difficult.
    5. I did not contribute any original ideas.
  7. Amount and Consistency of Effort
    1. I consistently worked hard on this project and used the time provided in class productively.
    2. I worked hard on this project but did not always use the time provided in class as productively as I could have.
    3. I didn't work very hard on this project, because it was too easy.
    4. I didn't work very hard on this project, because I didn't feel like it.
  8. Learning and Enjoyment
    1. I learned a lot from this project.
    2. I learned some new things about programming, but not a lot.
    3. I didn't learn anything new, but I feel the practice I got was valuable.
    4. I didn't learn much about programming and I didn't practice any programming skills, but I enjoyed playing the game.
    5. I found this project to be neither educational nor enjoyable.

On the back side of this page summarize the significant contributions that you made to your team's final product and describe what you learned or got out of this project. If you wrote code, describe the features that you implemented. Describe any issues you discovered in the course of testing or playing the game, and indicate whether your discovery resulted in code changes (either bug fixes or enhancements). If you contributed original ideas that were implemented by your team or by anyone else, describe those original ideas. If you made contributions not covered by the multiple choice questions above (e.g. composing comments or other documentation), describe those contributions.